Special to The Hays Daily News
PHILLIPSBURG -- Full Circle ... an Aging Expo will be from 9:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 29 at the Huck Boyd Center in Phillipsburg.
The keynote speaker this year is Dr. Joseph Galichia, founder of Galichia Medical Group in Wichita. Galichia is a noted medical spokesman and appears on a weekly syndicated radio talk show. He also has served as the moderator for the National Lifetime Medical Television Network.
There will be three breakout sessions during the day. Participants can choose from the following session topics:
* Put Pain in Your Rearview Mirror, presented by Courtney McCarty, registered dietitian.
* This Used to be My Favorite Meal ..., presented by Taunya Williams, consultant dietitian.
* Caring for the Caregiver, presented by Vern Norwood, Kansas Department of Aging.
* Antiques & Collectibles: Trash or Treasure, presented by Marvin Mann, AA Antique Appraisal & Consulting.
* Home Modifications for Aging in Place, presented by Carol Ann Crouch, KSU, Scott County Family consumer science Extension and 4-H agent.
* Discussing Options When Faced with a Life-Threatening Illness, presented by Sue Noll, Supervisor, Hospice, Hays Medical Center.
* Sharing Your Story, presented by Kathy Lupfer-Nielsen, KSU, Lincoln County family consumer science Extension agent.
* Defensive Driving for the Aging Driver, presented by Tod Hileman, Trooper, Kansas Highway Patrol.
* Learn to Laugh with Yoga Laughter, presented by Jan Moore, Activities Director, Sheridan County Long Term Care.
* Estate Planning & Farm Succession Planning, presented by Stacey Seibel, Seibel Law Office, LLC.
For registration or more information, go to www.northwest.ksu.edu and click on "Full Circle Brochure," or contact the Northwest Area K-State Research and Extension at (785) 462-6281 or a local K-State Research and Extension office.