Mr. President, instead of giving billions to the companies for lavish parties and paying CEOs who broke the company big, unearned bonuses, why don't you try this?
There are approximately 40 million people older than 50 in the workforce. Just pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
* They must retire. Forty million jobs open up. Unemployment fixed.
* They must buy a new American-made vehicle. Forty million vehicles sold. Auto industry fixed.
* They must either buy a house or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed. Can't get any easier then that, can it?
* If you need more money, have members of Congress pay their taxes and retire on Social Security and Medicare like we do instead of receiving the same pay for the rest of their life at our expense. I bet that would get fixed also.
* Send all the countries a note letting them know we are sorry, but we are in debt and will not be able send them any more money. Please return the money we sent them last year.
* Put all life prisoners on Obamacare, so they get comfort care only instead of better medical care than we will get.
* Also, please cut back on you vacations on Air Force One at more than $180,000 per hour.