We want to share the "35 tips for a Better Life" with you. We found these tips in the Senior Lifestyle Digest, a monthly magazine published by Senior Legacy Inc., Eustics, Fla.
Publisher and editor Ken Gillette gave us permission to share these tips with you on The Hays Daily News Generations page.
We plan to have five tips printed every other week for your enjoyment. Think about them, try them out -- give these ideas a chance to make your life better.
Here are the first five:
1. Take a 10- to 30-minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR, record your late-night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement: "My purpose is to ________ today."
5. Live with the 3 Es -- energy, enthusiasm and empathy.
Watch for the next five tips two weeks from now.
Jim and Opal Flinn, Ellis, are members of the Generations Advisory Group.