Construction continues on 41st Street project
Ongoing construction along 41st Street in Hays has force the following changes in road closure in the area:
• 41st Street will be closed west of Truman Circle, and Smoky Hill Drive is closed at 41st.
• 41st Street remains closed between Fillmore and Harrison .
• 41st Street remains closed immediately east of Hall.
• 41st Street remains closed east of Covenant Drive, and Thunderbird Drive is closed at 41st Street.
• 41st Street is open to local traffic from Covenant Drive to the west.
• North- and south-bound traffic on Hall Street will continue to be open, but with some restriction.
• A temporary access route has been constructed between Fillmore and Harrison to provide local access to Truman Circle
• Access to and from areas in the Smoky Hill Drive area need to use 45th Street to Hall Street.
• Due to the change in traffic patterns, be sure to have trash and recycling out by 7 a.m. on your normal collection day since pickup route times might change from what they have been in the past.
These closures will last several weeks as part of the continuing project to reconstruct 41st Street from the U.S. Highway 183 Bypass to Hall Street. The city appreciates the public’s patience and understanding during the course of this project.
Traffic control devices will be in place, and motorists should use caution.
The city of Hays and the Kansas Department of Transportation regret any inconvenience this might cause.
For more information, contact the Public Works Department at (785) 628-7350.