Phillipsburg man indicted on drug charges
Special to The Hays Daily News
TOPEKA -- A northwest Kansas man was indicted Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Topeka.
Brian Eugene Post, 36, Phillipsburg, was charged with three counts of distributing methamphetamine, one count of distributing oxycodone, one count of distributing hydrocodone, as well as weapons charges.
The crimes are alleged to have occurred in March, April and May in Mitchell County.
If convicted, he faces the following penalties:
* Distributing methamphetamine: Up to 20 years and a fine up to $1 million on each count.
* Distributing oxycodone: Up to 20 years and a fine up to $1 million on each count.
* Distributing hydrocodone: Up to five years and a fine up to $250,000.
* Carrying a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking: Not less than five years and not more than life and a fine up to $250,000.
* Unlawful possession of a firearm after a felony conviction: A maximum penalty of 10 years and a fine up to $250,000.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Randy Hendershot is prosecuting.