City sets work session agenda
By The Hays Daily News
Hays city commissioners will meet for a work session at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at city hall.
Agenda items include:
* First draft review of the Big Creek Levee report.
* Airport snow blower acquisition. Commissioners will discuss moving ahead to obtain a Federal Aviation Administration grant for 90 percent of the snowblower's $89,891 cost.
* Proposed Luecke Addition. Commissioners will consider requests for rezoning the property located east of Home Depot next to Vineyard Road Park from agricultural to higher-density housing and commercial development.
* Award of bid for lining of metal storm sewer pipe. This is the third year of Hays' aggressive program to rehabilitate metal storm sewer pipes throughout the city, and $180,000 was budgeted.
* Elimination of school zones around the former Kennedy Middle School, 14th and Fort, and High Plains Baptist Church, 27th and Canterbury.