County to consider May election date
By The Hays Daily News
Ellis County commissioners will consider a resolution to set May 14 as the date for a special election in their regular meeting at 6:45 p.m. Monday at the Ellis County courthouse.
On the ballot for voters' consideration would be a 0.5-percent county sales tax for construction of an EMS/rural fire building as well as expansion and improvements to the county jail, law enforcement center and courthouse.
In other business, commissioners will consider:
* Disposal of the roof at the former county public works shop in Ellis.
* Maintenance responsibility to an unpaved road near the former public works shop in Ellis.
* A request for millings at the fairgrounds parking lot.
* Authorizing an additional attorney and legal secretary for the county attorney's office.
* Community Improvement District policy.
* Employee issues (union contract) in executive session.