Jail space needs on county agenda
With space needs at the Ellis County jail a continuing concern for county officials, Ellis County Commissioners will interview a jail consultant during Monday's regular meeting.
The meeting will be at 6:45 p.m. at the Ellis County Courthouse.
Carter Goble Lee, adesigner of several Kansas criminal justice facilities based in Columbia, S.C., will give commissioners an overview of their experience in providing needs assessments and developing security concept plans.
Since 1988, CGL has worked on jail projects with the Kansas Department of Corrections, and Johnson, Reno, Wyandotte, Cowley, Butler, Douglas and Shawnee counties.
Commissioners will interview aother consulting firm at a later commission meeting before making a selection.
Other agenda items include:
* Update on performance contract project from Bob Miller of Energy Service Professionals.
* Review of state sales ratio report.
* Motorola dispatch radio system maintenance agreement.
* Discussion of selection of an area to locate abated property.
* Possibility of imposing a burn ban in Ellis County.