County commission to discuss jail crowding
As Ellis County commissioners explore options to alleviate overcrowding issues at the Ellis County jail, they will consider proposals from jail consultants at Monday's regular meeting at 6:45 p.m. at the Ellis County Courthouse.
After receiving four proposals from jail consultants to review the county's operational statistics, justice system management and trends affecting jails and justice systems, County Administrator Greg Sund will seek commissioner input regarding the proposals.
Other agenda items include:
* Consideration of purchase of UHF radios and related equipment for the public works department at a quoted cost of $23,260 from Nex-Tech.
* Annual Solid Waste Association resolution and report.
* Bids for a new fire truck.
* Discussion of changes in guidelines for discharge of fireworks in the county.
* A resolution to amend Fire District No. 1 bylaws.
* Monthly report from Ellis County Health Department.
* Radio reband and upgrade project.
* Financing of 55th Street communication tower upgrade.
* Discussion of financing options for Commerce Bank building.
* Update from Sund regarding clean-up of former city of Hays shooting range.