Budget requests on Ellis County agenda
By The Hays Daily News
Two outside agencies will present Ellis County commissioners with budget requests at Monday's regular meeting at 6:45 p.m. at the Ellis County Courthouse.
High Plains Mental Health Center, requesting $257,446, will be joined by the Hays Area Children's Center, which is requesting $149,000. Both requests represent an increase from last year's subsidy amounts.
Other agenda items include:
* Engineering firm presentations for public works projects.
* Consideration of bridge program grant application.
* Resolution to adopt Ellis County Rural Fire District No. 1 bylaws.
* Financing options for 55th Street radio tower upgrade.
* Discussion of hiring jail consultants.
* Update on performance contract as it pertains to the Unrein and Schenk buildings.
* Landscaping proposals for the Hays Public Library.
* Resolution to dispose of county-owned property at 22nd and Vine.