Hays businesses ready for Spring Gallery Walk
By The Hays Daily News
By The Hays Daily News
The Hays Arts Council Spring Gallery Walk will be Friday at various locations throughout Hays.
The following exhibits will be open from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday. Saturday viewing times, where available, are noted.
* 43rd annual Smoky Hill Art Exhibition, Hays Arts Center, 112 E. 11th. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Paintings by Ralph Fontenot, Manhattan, Emprise Bank, 1200 Main
* "Art Experience: A Collaboration Between USD 489 Special Education Students and FHSU Studio Art Majors" and participatory sidewalk chalk drawing from Leadership Hays Class 2012, Hays Public Library, 1205 Main. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Steel and acrylic paintings by Amy Normandin and live music (acoustic rock) by Scott Allan Knost, Wichita, Singers, 114 E. 12th.
* Prairie Garden Club youth environmental posters and "It's Your Turn to Make a Difference" CASA kids pinwheel exhibition, Tri-Central Office Supply, 1101 Main (windows & south side). Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Photography by Melissa Bartlet, Mendi Egging, Adrienne Hays and Miquolet Meska, Nex-Tech Internet Solutions, 210 E. 12th
* Exhibition by Mark and Bambi Freeman, Gella's Diner, 117 E. 11th.
* Knight Family Mural, Dennis Schiel Studio and Gallery, 107 E. 11th.
* Mixed media by John C. Thorns Jr. and photography by Jim Tanis, Madd Matter Frame Shop and Gallery, 112 E. 11th. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* "OPP" FHSU graduate student exhibition; "Arts & Issues" American Democracy Project; and live music by Brad Dawson and Luke Johnson, Cafe Semolino, 110 W. 11th. Saturday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* "Domestic Fruition" by Katrina Florell and Shawna Wangseng, and photography and paintings by Bruce Burkholder, Hays Arts Center Annex, 1010 Main. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Photography "Waves" of Light by Meredith Keller; Shane Knight fine art photography; Cynthia Pfeifer: 2D into 3D Photos inside Crystal, Crystal Memories 3D Portrait Shop, 1008 Main. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* "Doortraiture" multi-artist installation under direction of Gordon Sherman and Joel Dugan, and "Birds with Wings" sculpture by Stacey Rathert, HAC Alley Exhibition, Main between 10th and 11th. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* "Tamed by Touch" FHSU advanced ceramics exhibition and live music by Mike Ferguson and FHSU musicians, Salon 1007, 1007 Main. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* "The Hardie Hole and Other Sculptural Experiences" by Jillian Thompson, Union Pacific Park.
* Landscape paintings by Tom Mersmann, Lawrence, Pioneer Photography, 115 W. 10th.
* "Worldly Impressions," Dv8, 809 Main.
* Western Plains Animal Refuge Benefit Art Show, White Chocolate, 810 Main.
* Works by local and regional artists, Kris Kuksi Fine Art, 807 Main.
* "Fantasy" Sean McLaren Memorial Tribute; paintings by Kaylene Mosier Geist; and FHSU student ceramics exhibition, Northglen Antiques, 801 Main. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* FHSU student digital photography exhibition, Commerce Bank, 718 Main.
* Recent Works: Members and Students, Artists @ Work Studio, 717 Main.
* Exhibition by Ron Michael, Lindsborg, Moss-Thorns Gallery, FHSU Rarick Hall. Saturday: 10 a.m. to noon.
Courtesy of the Hays Convention and Visitors Bureau, the CVB Trolley will shuttle guests between Union Pacific Park and Moss-Thorns Gallery from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The following exhibits are open early.
* Exhibition by Ellen Dreyer, 2 to 4 p.m., Bank of Hays, 27th and Hall. Saturday: 9 a.m. to noon.
* Kiwanis High School Art Exhibition, TMP-Marian and Hays High schools, 6 to 9 p.m., First National Bank, 11th and Fort.
* "Plains Fascination: Artifacts of Rural Decay," Bryan Gilligan MFA exhibition, 6 to 9 p.m., Robbins Center, One Tiger Place, FHSU.