Kansas paranormal conference looming
By MIKE CORN
Friday is opening day for a two-day conference, bringing together a number of speakers to talk about all things paranormal, ranging from the occult to bigfoot.
It's the first of its kind in the Hays area and is being organized by Sherri and Terry Rowe, Stockton.
"This is the first," Sherri Rowe said. "This is what we've put together for the first one."
Because it's the first, Rowe said she's unsure how many people will show up. She's hoping for at least 50 and has had 30 sign up so far.
Most of the speakers have roots in Kansas, including a former Wichita woman who is planning to talk about bigfoot encounters on her ranch in Texas.
* Freeman Fly, a TV producer and filmmaker who is "considered an expert in the fields of the occult, trauma-based mind control, government conspiracy and ancient civilizations."
* Terry Rowe, Stockton, one of the primary organizers of the conference and an inventor of paranormal research equipment. He will talk about why people see ghosts.
* Dave Morgan, an author on the afterlife, will talk about his research.
* Timothy Earl, founder of Flatland Investigations, will talk about man made and natural energies.
* Ed Fleming, a UFO abductee counselor and researcher of UFOs. He will talk about UFO contact with ancient civilizations.
* Terry Rupe, Claflin, a retired history instructor, will talk about Cheyenne warrior cult mysticism.
* Linda Campbell will talk about her family's experience with Bigfoot on their Texas ranch.
The conference begins at 6 p.m. Friday with registration. Fly will be the keynote speaker at 7 p.m.
On Saturday, the conference will reconvene for a full day of activities.
A paranormal investigation is planned for Saturday evening at Fort Larned National Historic Site. A special ticket package must be purchased to participate in that activity.
Other than the Fort Larned event, all activities will be at the Hays Ramada.
Tickets are $15 for both days of the conference.
The conference and Fort Larned combination package is $55.
Tickets can be purchased online at catchaghostparanormalequipment.com