Regional briefs (Feb. 3)
Two injured in Friday accident near Dresden
DRESDEN -- The driver and one passenger were injured in a one-car accident Friday night in Sheridan County, 4 miles south of Dresden on Kansas Highway 123.
The driver, Abagile Gifford, 18, Colby, and one of four passengers, Heather Toal, 19, Hillsboro, were transported to Sheridan County Health Complex in Hoxie. Gifford was flown to Via Christi in Wichita.
The other three occupants, Ashley Elsasser, 21, Clifton; Samantha Janson, 18, Colby; and Arielle Gil-Sanz, 19, Manhattan, were not injured. Gifford and Elsasser were wearing seat belts.
At 11:30 p.m., Gifford was northbound when the 2013 Toyota Corolla she was driving went off the right side of the road and rolled.
Tickets for TMP show still available
Tickets for the Thomas More Prep-Marian High School Dinner Show, all reserved seating, can be purchased by calling the school at (785) 625-6577.
The TMP Singers will present "Rockin' Out to Country" on Saturday and Feb. 10 at the school.
Tickets for Saturday night's 6:30 p.m. performance, complete with a country-fried steak meal, are $20 per person. Tickets for Sunday's noon brunch, featuring stuffed french toast, are $15 per person.
In addition, 20 tickets will be sold for "exclusive dining," which will include a private room where the diners will have their own server and dinner music. Those tickets, available for Saturday night's event only, are $50 per person.
A third performance, featuring the show only, is scheduled for 7 p.m. Feb. 17. Those tickets, for $10 each, can be purchased in advance by calling the school, or they also can be bought at the door. Seats are not reserved for that show, but rather will be first-come, first-served.
* The Ellis City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at city hall in Ellis. A bills ordinance review work session will begin at 7 p.m.
* Ellis County commissioners will discuss a proposed countywide sales tax in their regular meeting at 6:45 p.m. Monday at the Ellis County Courthouse. Commissioners will discuss proposed language of a bill that would go through the Legislature if they choose a dedicated tax. They also will discuss a proposed inter-local agreement with the city of Hays.
Other items on the agenda include:
*Presentation from Hays assistant city manager Paul Briseno about the Hays bike trail plan.
* Consideration of a resolution for a conditional use permit by Fort Hays State University for its wind farm project.
* Presentation and discussion of final version of the county's comprehensive plan.
* Report on anticipated petition for right of way vacation request.