www.mozilla.com Weather Central
Voices
Headlines

Standoff suspect faces federal charges -7/24/2014, 4:25 PM

Hutch ahead of development curve, construction official says -7/24/2014, 4:24 PM

Bombardier's restructuring comes with 1,800 job cuts -7/24/2014, 4:23 PM

Flyer contains incorrect information, labels Dierks a 'lifelong Democrat' -7/24/2014, 4:22 PM

Wichita State seeks $31 million for innovation, tech priorities -7/23/2014, 10:10 AM

Wichita City Council hears more details about sales tax options -7/23/2014, 10:09 AM

County sees savings in insurance, jail vendor contracts -7/23/2014, 10:08 AM

Hutch couple giving new life to printing press -7/23/2014, 10:07 AM

Wichita State racial profiling study to be discussed at civil rights conference -7/23/2014, 10:06 AM

Republican, Democratic women gather to meet Docking -7/23/2014, 10:05 AM

myTown Calendar

SPOTLIGHT
[var top_story_head]

Disputed Air Force contract back in court

Published on -6/13/2012, 1:22 PM

Printer-friendly version
E-Mail This Story

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) -- The legal wrangling for a disputed $354 million contract to build a light air support plane to help security efforts in Afghanistan has returned to the courtroom.

Sierra Nevada Corp. sued Tuesday in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims seeking reinstatement of the contract.

The move comes after the U.S. Air Force announced earlier this year it was rescinding the contract and opening an investigation. Wichita-based Hawker Beechcraft Corp. had challenged the award.

SNC says cancellation of the contract was an extreme response to paperwork errors by the Air Force. It also contends the revised bid proposal is tilted in favor of the competition.

Hawker Beechcraft declined comment on the filing.

At stake is a contract that ultimately could be worth nearly $1 billion, depending on future orders.

digg delicious facebook stumbleupon google Newsvine
More News and Photos

Associated Press Videos