Police: Carbon monoxide possible cause of deaths
Published on -2/27/2013, 7:10 AM
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas City, Kan., police say a man and his sister were found dead in their home, and carbon monoxide poisoning is the suspected cause of death.
Police say a family member found the bodies of a 58-year-old man and his 69-year-old sister Tuesday evening. Their names were not released.
The Kansas City Star reports (http://bit.ly/WqWKcX ) emergency responders found a gas-powered generator running in a basement garage and an extension cord linked to appliances in the home, which was without power because of a winter storm.
Responders found carbon monoxide readings in the garage of 600 parts per million, far above what is considered dangerous.
Two small dogs also were found dead in the home.