Special to The Hays Daily News
The AARP Tax-Aide site at the Messiah Lutheran Church in Hays will be closed this tax season due to a lack of volunteers in Hays to adequately staff the site.
Other AARP Tax-Aide sites are open in Great Bend, Hill City and WaKeeney. To make an appointment with a trained AARP Tax-Aide volunteer, call (620) 792-1614 in Great Bend, (785) 421-2081 or (785) 421-5579 in Hill City, or (785) 650-3797 in WaKeeney between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. beginning Feb. 1.
Bring the following with you when you come:
* Copy of last year's income tax return.
* W-2 forms from each employer.
* Unemployment compensation statements.
* SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits.
* All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
* 1099-Misc., showing any miscellaneous income.
* 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity.
* All forms indicating federal income tax paid.
* Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number).
* All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions.
* Social Security card or official documentation for yourself and all dependents.
* Drivers license or other photo identification for yourself and spouse.
* 2012 property tax statement if applying for Kansas Homestead and Property Tax for Low Income Seniors.