Grinnell beauty salon closes after nearly nine decades
Published on -7/25/2013, 9:36 AM
Special to The Hays Daily News
GRINNELL -- For the past 87 years, you could always find someone getting pampered at Peggy's Beauty Salon, renamed Peggy and Mr. Gale's Beauty Salon in Grinnell.
Peggy Schlageck opened the shop in Angelus in 1926. After a move to Grinnell in 1951 and another move to the current business site in 1958, it still remained open to serve the community.
Peggy's son, Gale Schlageck, joined the business in 1970, where he has enjoyed serving the area communities for the past 43 years. Peggy and Gale worked together from 1970 to 1999, when Gale took over the family business. He continued to serve the community by providing men's and women's hair care.
Schlageck will retire this summer to spend time with family and friends.
He also manages the Grinnell Cow Paddy Golf course.
His family will have a card shower through Aug. 9. Cards can be sent to Gale Schlageck, P.O. Box 203, Grinnell, KS 67738.