Clubs and meetings
Published on -2/3/2013, 10:47 AM
* Options Northwest Kansas Domestic and Sexual Violence Services support groups in Hays are for people in or who have been in abusive relationships. Call for time and location, (785) 625-3055 or (800) 794-4624.
* Need help with addiction? Call (800) 556-8885.
* Meal Site reservations for seniors age 60 or older must be made the day before eating at the Meal Site. For reservations or cancellations, call (785) 628-6644 between 9 a.m. and noon.
* Hays Rotary Club, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room. Guest: Jason McCullough, Fort Hays State University cross country and track coach.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 416, Hays, weigh-ins, 11:30 a.m. to noon. Meeting, noon at Via Christi Village basement, 2225 Canterbury. Everyone is welcome.
* Weight Watchers meeting, 6:30 p.m., Frontier meeting room, 203 W. 41st. Weigh-ins, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* PEO Chapter BQ meeting, 7 p.m., home of Debra McDonald, with co-hostesses Jo Murphy and Patsy Thorell. Sarah Rankin will present "A Sister's Autobiography."
* P.E.O. Chapter GS of Hays meeting, 7 p.m., home of Conni Dreher. Kathy David will serve as co-hostess. The program will be presented by Lane Patterson and Sarah Brown titled "Life on the Run."
* Via Christi Village Auxiliary meeting, 2 p.m., Heritage Room, 2225 Canterbury.
* Alzheimer's support group meeting, 7 p.m., Terrace Garden Apartments, 2710 Canal Blvd. For more information, contact facilitator Jude Scheck at (785) 625-9006.
* National Alliance for the Mentally Ill meeting, 7 to 9 p.m., Center for Life Experiences, First Presbyterian Church, 2900 Hall. Support group for people who suffer brain disorders or mental illness, their families and friends, or those who have lost someone to suicide. For more information, call Ann Leiker at (785) 625-2847.
* Diabetic support group meeting, 1 p.m., LINK Inc., 2401 E. 13th. Public is welcome. Refreshments will be served.
* Hays Lions Club meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering, 230 E. Eighth.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 818 meeting, 6 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement, 2703 Fort.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, 8 p.m., 410 Oak.
* P.E.O. Chapter EC meeting, 7 p.m., home of Sue George. Program is the Chinese tea ceremony and the president's letter. Dana Keller and Jean Berland are co-hostesses.
* Ellis County Herb Study meeting, 6 to 8 p.m., Hays Public Library. Learn everything you've ever wanted to know about herbs from cultivation to culinary, history, folk medicine and much more.
* The Hays Chapter of AARP will meet. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m., business meeting at noon and program at 12:30 p.m. at the Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. Program: Dick Compton, former employee of Midwest Energy, will address how Midwest Energy's capital credits will be paid out beginning in 2013 and how it could affect seniors. Also, Andrea Bozarth, Kansas AARP associate state director/community outreach will present an overview of advocacy issues.
* Ladies Auxiliary VFW Fort Hays Post No. 9076 meeting, 6:30 p.m., Post Home 22nd and Vine. Wine and cheese tasting and making Valentine favors for nursing homes. Bring nonperishable food items.
* Hays Optimist Club meeting, noon, Golden Corral, 383 Mopar Drive.
* Kiwanis Club of Hays meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. For more, visit www.hayskiwanis.org.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, noon, 410 Oak.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 8 p.m., 410 Oak. Phone: (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Solid Sound Ladies barbershop quartet practice, 6:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2700 Fort.
* AA Chapter No. 115, non-smoking meeting, 5:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 2900 Hall.
* New Beginnings open-door Alanon meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2703 Fort.
* Hays High Plains barbershop chorus and quartets meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement.
* Sunrise Rotary Club of Hays meeting, 7 a.m., Victor E. Tiger Lounge, Gross Memorial Coliseum at Fort Hays State University. Meal is not provided, but attendees can bring breakfast.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 10 p.m., 410 Oak. For more information, call (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Northwest Kansas Association for the Visually Impaired meeting, Thristy's Bar & Grill, 2704 Vine. Social hour at 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon. The humane society will provide the program. Public always welcome. Call (785) 628-6055 for reservations.