Clubs and meetings
Published on -3/31/2013, 1:32 PM
* Options Northwest Kansas Domestic and Sexual Violence Services support groups in Hays are for people in or who have been in abusive relationships. Call for time and location, (785) 625-3055 or (800) 794-4624.
* Need help with addiction? Call (800) 556-8885.
* Meal Site reservations for seniors age 60 or older must be made the day before eating at the Meal Site. For reservations or cancellations, call (785) 628-6644 between 9 a.m. and noon.
* Hays Rotary Club, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room. Speaker: Randy Clinkscales, photo slideshow of his recent trip to Africa.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 416, Hays, weigh-ins, 11:30 a.m. to noon. Meeting, noon, Via Christi Village basement, assisted-living front entrance, 2225 Canterbury. Call (785) 656-2570 for more information. Everyone is welcome.
* Weight Watchers meeting, 6:30 p.m., Frontier meeting room, 203 W. 41st. Weigh-ins, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Alzheimer's support group meeting, 7 p.m., Terrace Garden Apartments, 2710 Canal Blvd. For more information, contact facilitator Jude Scheck at (785) 625-9006.
* National Alliance for the Mentally Ill meeting, 7 to 9 p.m., Center for Life Experiences, First Presbyterian Church. Support group for people who suffer brain disorders or mental illness, their families and friends, or those who have lost someone to suicide. For more information, call Ann Leiker at (785) 625-2847.
* Diabetic support group meeting, 6 p.m., LINK Inc., 2401 E. 13th. Public is welcome. Refreshments will be served.
* Hays Lions Club meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering, 230 E. Eighth.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 818 meeting, 6 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement, 2703 Fort.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, 8 p.m., 410 Oak.
* PEO Chapter EC meeting, 7 p.m., home of Carolyn States. Co-hostesses are Sarrah Schneider and Rae Smith. Jessica States will have the program on personal computing.
* PEO Chapter BQ meeting, 7 p.m., home of Karen Coen, with co-hostesses Mary Martin, Jan Johansen and Cheryl Waite. The program will be "The Artist's Touch" state of Kansas Historical Mural by Dennis Schiel.
* Ellis County Herb Study group, 6 to 8 p.m., Hays Public Library. Learn everything you've ever wanted to know about herbs from cultivation to culinary, history, folk medicine and so much more.
* Ladies Auxiliary VFW Fort Hays Post No. 9076 meeting, 6:30 p.m., Post Home, 22nd and Vine.
* Hays Chapter of AARP meeting, 11:30 a.m. lunch, noon business meeting, 12:30 p.m. program, Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. Program is Terry Mannell, who will present information about the history of Hays and an upcoming walking tour at Historic Fort Hays in April.
* Hays Optimist Club meeting, noon, Golden Corral, 383 Mopar Drive.
* Kiwanis Club of Hays meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. For more, visit www.hayskiwanis.org.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, noon, 410 Oak.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 8 p.m., 410 Oak. Phone: (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Solid Sound Ladies barbershop quartet practice, 6:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2700 Fort.
* AA Chapter No. 115, non-smoking meeting, 5:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 2900 Hall.
* New Beginnings open-door Alanon meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2703 Fort.
* Hays High Plains barbershop chorus and quartets meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement.
* Sunrise Rotary Club of Hays meeting, 7 a.m., Victor E. Tiger Lounge, Gross Memorial Coliseum at Fort Hays State University.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 10 p.m., 410 Oak. For more information, call (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.