Clubs and meetings
Published on -6/2/2013, 2:18 PM
* Options Northwest Kansas Domestic and Sexual Violence Services support groups in Hays are for people in or who have been in abusive relationships. Call for time and location, (785) 625-3055 or (800) 794-4624.
* Need help with addiction? Call (800) 556-8885.
* Meal Site reservations for seniors age 60 or older must be made the day before eating at the Meal Site. For reservations or cancellations, call (785) 628-6644 between 9 a.m. and noon.
* Hays Rotary Club, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room. Speaker: Sue Noll, HaysMed Hospice.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 416, Hays, weigh-ins, 11:30 a.m. to noon. Meeting, noon, Via Christi Village basement, assisted-living front entrance, 2225 Canterbury. Call (785) 656-2570 for more information. Everyone is welcome.
* Weight Watchers meeting, 6:30 p.m., Frontier meeting room, 203 W. 41st. Weigh-ins, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Alzheimer's support group meeting, 7 p.m. at Terrace Garden Apartments. For more information, contact Jude Scheck, facilitator, (785) 625-9006.
* National Alliance for the Mentally Ill meeting, 7 to 9 p.m. at Center for Life Experiences, First Presbyterian Church. Support group for people who suffer brain disorders or mental illness for families and friends or those who have lost someone to suicide. For more information, call Ann Leiker (785) 625-2847.
* Diabetic support group meeting, 6 p.m. at LINK Inc., 2401 E. 13th. Public is welcome. Refreshments will be served.
* Hays Lions Club meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering, 230 E. Eighth.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 818 meeting, 6 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement, 2703 Fort.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, 8 p.m., 410 Oak.
* Ellis County Herb Study Group meeting, 6 to 8 p.m. at Hays Public Library.
* The Hays Chapter of AARP will have its annual picnic. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. at Municipal Park shelter house on south Main Street. Remember to bring non-perishable food items for the ARRP Food Drive for the Hays Community Assistance Center to the picnic.
* Ladies Auxiliary VFW meeting 6:30 p.m. at Post Home, 2106 Vine. Remember to bring articles for the cancer basket that will be going to the national convention.
* Hays Optimist Club meeting, noon, Golden Corral, 383 Mopar Drive.
* Kiwanis Club of Hays meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. For more, visit www.hayskiwanis.org.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, noon, 410 Oak.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 8 p.m., 410 Oak. Phone: (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Solid Sound Ladies barbershop quartet practice, 6:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2700 Fort.
* AA Chapter No. 115, non-smoking meeting, 5:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 2900 Hall.
* New Beginnings open-door Alanon meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2703 Fort.
* Hays High Plains barbershop chorus and quartets meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement.
* Sunrise Rotary Club of Hays meeting, 7 a.m., Victor E. Tiger Lounge, Gross Memorial Coliseum at Fort Hays State University.
* Moms Club of Hays, 10:30 a.m. at Recreation Center. A support group for stay-at-home moms. For more information, call Valeri Peltier at (785) 650-0619.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 10 p.m., 410 Oak. For more information, call (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Prairie Garden Club will meet 9 a.m. at 506 W. 31 St. for their Wildflower Tour of Dr. Howard Reynolds Nature Trail, Sternberg Museum of Natural History. Hostess: Linda Stahlman; Leader: Brenda Slaughter. For questions, call Linda at (785) 628-6431.
* (MOPS) Mothers of Preschoolers will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Messiah Lutheran Church, 2000 Main, Hays. Cost $5 per meeting and $20 annual due to MOPS International. For more information, call (785) 625-2057.
* Northwest Kansas Association for the Visually Impaired (NKAVI) will meet at Thristy's Bar & Grill. Social hour, 11 a.m. to noon. Dee Bodin with the Lion's Club will be the speaker, Public is welcome. Call (785) 628-6055 for reservations.