Hays Public Library schedule of events
Published on -2/10/2013, 1:33 PM
* Technology class: Microsoft Office Word, 2 p.m. today.
* Senior Wii bowling, 3 p.m. today.
* Feed and Film: "Hunting the Elements Part II," noon Wednesday.
* Meat-free meals: silken tofu, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
* Stress relief workshop: Relationship stress, 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
* Technology class: Nexus 7, 6 p.m. Thursday.
* After hours trivia night, 6 p.m. Friday.
* "Saving dollars when you don't have a dime to spare" money-saving workshop with the Ellis County Extension office, 11 a.m. Saturday.
* Gallery exhibit: "Inside Peanuts: The Life and Art of Charles M. Schulz" is available in the adult department gallery. The exhibit chronicles the famed artist's life through decades of comic strip production. The exhibit will run through March 10.
For fifth grade and younger
* Storytime, 10 and 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday; 10 and 11 a.m. Tuesday; 10 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
* Hora de Leer en Espanol (Spanish storytime), 10 a.m. Wednesday.
* Lap-Sit storytime (birth to 18 months), 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.
* Digital Storytime, 11 a.m. Thursday.
* Cre-8-ive Moments: Music Sparks with JoAnn Jordan, 10 a.m. Friday.
After school programs
* Children's game day: Valentine's Day games, 4 p.m. Monday.
* Author of the Month: Eric Litman, "Pete the Cat," 4 p.m. Tuesday.
* DIY Valentines, 4 p.m. Wednesday.
* Charlie Brown's Valentine's Party, 4 p.m. Thursday.
* K-12 Chess Club, 4 p.m. Friday.
Young adult programs
* Board games, 3:30 p.m. Monday.
* Video games, 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Iron Chef: Valentine's candy, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
* Make 'n' take: Bookmarks, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
* Movie and snack, 3:30 p.m. Friday.
Events compiled by Emma Detrixhe, marketing administrator at Hays Public Library. To schedule a tour of HPL, or just specific departments, call (785) 625-9014. For more information, visit www.hayspublib.org.