Hays Public Library calendar
Published on -2/17/2013, 1:40 PM
* Technology class: Amazon Kindle, 2 p.m. today.
* Senior Wii bowling, 3 p.m. today.
* Oscar film series: "Beasts of the Southern Wild," 6 p.m. Monday.
* Stress relief workshop: time management, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Feed and Film: "The River of No Return," noon Wednesday.
* Tea and Trouble: A Cozy Mystery Book Club will discuss "Miss Julia Speaks her Mind" by Ann Ross, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
* Mangako Anime Club, 5 p.m. Thursday.
* Technology class: Barnes and Noble Nook, 6 p.m. Thursday.
* Crafternoon: drawing instruction, 2 p.m. Saturday.
Fifth grade and younger
* Storytime, 10 and 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday; 10 and 11 a.m. Tuesday; 10 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
* Hora de Leer en EspaÃ±ol (Spanish storytime), 10 a.m. Wednesday.
* Lap-Sit storytime (birth to 18 months), 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.
* Digital Storytime, 11 a.m. Thursday.
* Cre-8-ive Moments: secret messages, 10 a.m. Friday.
After school programs
* Children's game day: Wii games, 4 p.m. Monday.
* Lego brickbuilder's club, 4 p.m. Tuesday.
* "Whoa! Did You See That?" science experiments, 4 p.m. Wednesday.
* Crafty Thursdays: baseball hats, 4 p.m. Thursday.
* K-12 Chess Club, 4 p.m. Friday.
* The Youth Services Department is partnering with the Ellis County Extension office to provide "Stories and Silver Dollar Pancakes" for America Saves Week. The event is at 10 a.m. March 2. The Piggy Bank Beauty awards will take place at 10:30 a.m. Blank piggy banks now are available for pick up at Hays Public Library children's desk and the Extension office. Turn in decorated banks at the library or Extension office by 5 p.m. March 1 for judging. Prizes will be awarded courtesy of local financial institutions.
Young adult programs
* Board games, 3:30 p.m. Monday.
* Video games, 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* How to tie a tie/How to use chopsticks, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
* Make n' Take: T-shirt pillows, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
* Movie and snack, 3:30 p.m. Friday.
To schedule a tour of the Hays Public Library or specific departments, call (785) 625-9014.
For more information about the resources we offer, visit us on the Web at www.hayspublib.org.