Angel Food Cupcakes
1⁄2 cup cake flour, sifted
2/3 cup sugar, divided into 1/3 cup amounts
6 large egg whites at room temperature
1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
• Sift flour and 1/3 cup sugar three times.
• In a large bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tarter and salt, beating until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup of sugar, two tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in the vanilla.
• Fold flour mixture into egg whites, 1⁄4 cup at a time.
• Spoon about three tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
• Serve with strawberry pudding and fresh strawberries.
• To make strawberry pudding mix one package vanilla sugar free fat free pudding with 2 cups strawberry flavored milk.