Beth's Dried Fruit and Nut Appetizer
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
1/4 cup pecans (broken up but not chopped fine)
2 bricks of cream cheese
• In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and
stir until slightly thickened. Add dried fruit and nuts, and cook for 2 more minutes.
• Cool slightly and pour 1/2 over the brick of cream cheese, serve with crackers.
• You can refrigerate the remaining sauce and then microwave it, to warm it before pouring over the 2nd block of
• Also works to make ahead and then just warm the sauce.
• Options -Can use other kinds of dried fruits and nuts and other kinds of cheese, your choice.