Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa, (divided)
4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/3 cup diced onion
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked chopped chicken
1 cup low fat sour cream
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour 1/2 cup salsa in bottom of 9x9-inch square baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
3. Cut or tear tortillas in half and use four pieces to cover bottom of dish.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup salsa, onion, beans and chicken. Spoon half of chicken mixture over tortillas.
5. Top with half the sour cream, then half the cheese.
6. Continue layering with remaining tortilla halves, chicken mixture, sour cream and cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.