1 28-ounce jar pasta sauce
1 8-ounce package Manicotti shells (14 shells)
1 carton low-fat Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
(16 ounces) – I prefer to use half Ricotta
and half cottage cheese
6 ounces shredded low-fat mozzarella
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
• While pasta is cooking, beat egg in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredientsand mix well.
• Pour a little of the jarred sauce in the bottom of the pan to prevent pasta from sticking.
• Stuff shells with filling, arrange stuffed shells in pan.
• Pour remaining sauce evenly over pasta.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
• Let rest 10 minutes out of oven before serving.
Add Parmesan cheese to the filling mixture.
Add your favorite spices to sauce for additional flavor.