Yield: 5 servings
11⁄4 cups warm milk
1 cup uncooked quick oatmeal
1 Tablespoon oil
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄2 cup flour
1 Tablespoon brown or white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat.
• Mix warm milk and oatmeal in a bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
• Add oil and eggs, mixing well.
• Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
• Pour 1⁄4 cup of batter for each pancake on a lightly oiled griddle or skillet.
• Add additional milk 1 Tablespoon at time if batter is thick.
• Turn the pancake when golden brown and bubbles form.