One, two, three -- it is time for the third set of five tips to make your life better, taken from the list of "35 Tips for a Better Life" printed in the Senior Lifestyle Digest, published by Senior Legacy Inc., Eustics, Fla.
Readers have told us they are waiting with anticipation to read the next five tips. We hope you have enjoyed these new refreshing ideas. Here is the third set of tips:
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive moment.
15. Realize life is a school, and you are here to learn. Problems simply are part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
Give these tips serious thought; perhaps you will gain renewed energy and find that smiles are catching. Watch for the fourth set of five tips for a better life two weeks from now.
Jim and Opal Flinn, Ellis, are members of the Generations Advisory Group.