Email This Story

Subject:
Recipient's Email:
Sender's Email:
captcha 27992f9402cb482699a0fbaa37fd6512
Enter text seen above:


Ramada evacuated temporarily after electric heater burns

Ramada, 3603 Vine, was evacuated early today after an electric motor powering a heater burned and filled a guest room with smoke, according to a release from the Hays Fire Department.

The call came in at 1:55 a.m. today. Guests were evacuated after "a significant smoke condition" was found in a second-floor corridor after firefighters arrived.

Fire crews left the scene by 3:15 a.m., and guests were allowed to return to the hotel.