Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Wednesday: Debra Valek, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Raymond Gray, Richmond; Kenneth Hopkins, Oskaloosa; Johnny Paul Steinman, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 1:05 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Shelly Larson, 47, Gardner, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 7:34 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Michael Dixon, 25, Overbrook, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 9:14 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Aaron Stevenson, 37, Ottawa, on a Cass County, Missouri, warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 3:23 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of Monroe Street, Pomona, Dalton Pabst, 24, Pomona, on suspicion of aggravated battery.
• 10:40 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of I-35 at milepost 171, Alexandra Wilson, 30, Wichita, on suspicion of driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 2:56 a.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Teddy Sumner, 24, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
Police Department Arrests
• 10 a.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Pecan Street, Gabriel Evans, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 11 a.m. Wednesday, Ottawa High School, 1120 S. Ash St., a 15-year-old Ottawa boy on suspicion of possession of marijuana, after marijuana was located by school staff.
• 2:43 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of East Sixth Street, Jamie Graika, 35, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a protection from abuse order.
• 1:05 a.m. Thursday, 500 block of South Main Street, Cheyanne Pitts, 23, Ottawa, on a Benton County, Arizona, warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 12:55 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of North Robey Avenue, Williamsburg, responded to a request by the Kansas Department of Children and Families to check the welfare of seven children at a residence. After further investigation all seven children were taken into police protective custody.
• 10:26 a.m. Wednesday, 2000 block of Eisenhower Road, a 52-year-old Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, woman reported someone attempted to enter a barn, and a game camera was taken from the property. Loss was estimated at $382.
• 2:26 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 220 S. Beech St., a 67-year-old Garnett woman reported someone passed a worthless check to her business in July. Estimated loss was $342.
• 7:50 p.m. Wednesday, 3600 block of Cloud Road, a 2010 Ford pickup driven by Bart Skeet, 50, Lane, was eastbound on Cloud Road when it struck a deer. No injuries reported.
Police Department News
• 1:33 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa Mini Mart, 2200 S. Princeton St., Catherine Fox, 43, Paola, was cited and released on suspicion of stealing items from the store.
• 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of East Sixth Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa man reported being battered by a known Ottawa man. The case is under investigation.
• 8:37 p.m. Wednesday, KVC Behavioral Healthcare, Inc., 416 S. Main St., a 39-year-old Spring Hill man reported a 16-year-old Osawatomie girl ran away from KVC’s Main Street location.
• 3:50 p.m. Thursday, 1700 block of South Maple Street, a 68-year-old Ottawa man was found deceased from unknown causes. The case is under investigation, but foul play is not suspected, police said.
• 5:30 a.m. Friday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 24-year-old Kansas City, Missouri, woman reported being battered by a known suspect. The case is under investigation.
• 9:02 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 56-year-old Pomona woman reported a past attempted use of her financial card. The case is under investigation.
• 12:18 a.m. Thursday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 47-year-old Wellsville woman reported an unknown subject left without paying for fuel.
• 3:21 a.m. Friday, Casey’s General Store, 940 N. Main St., a 26-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole motor fuel.
• 2:32 p.m. Thursday, 17th and South Main streets, a 23-year-old Ottawa man was crossing Main Street, at 17th Street, when a northbound vehicle struck him and then left the scene. The victim was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., for treatment of injuries.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 200 block of Sixth Street, traffic complaint; 400 block of Main Street, suspicious activity.
• Thursday: 600 block of Walnut Street, traffic complaint; 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, assist other agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, ambulance assist; K-33, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 2:32 p.m. Thursday, 17th and South Main streets, vehicle/pedestrian accident.
• 3:50 p.m. Thursday, 1700 block of South Maple Street, assist other agency.
Firefighters assisted with two medical calls Thursday.