Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Saturday: Rose Hanes, Ottawa; Marilyn Riemer, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Grace Cardell, Richmond.
• Friday: Eulalah Henricks, Ottawa; June Schulz, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Margaret Anderson, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 3:01 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Angela Curry, 45, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant for violation of bond conditions.
• 3:15 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of North Mulberry Street, Craig Brady, 35, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear on a civil case.
• 5:20 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of West Franklin Street, Pomona, Devyn Horne, 24, Pomona, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 11:22 p.m. Saturday, 4300 block of Indiana Road, Cody Farrar, 30, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended, after being seen driving a red Kawasaki ATV on a public roadway.
• 12:07 a.m. Sunday, 4300 block of Indiana Road, Timothy Smith, 27, Pomona, on a Douglas County warrant for failure to appear.
• 5:25 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Darren Jones, 23, homeless, on a Missouri Department of Corrections warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:26 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Joshua Spooner, 31, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 5:23 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, Jessica Carroll, 32, Topeka, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and transporting open container, after being contacted on a call for service. Carroll also was arrested on a Jackson County warrant.
• 5:23 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, Danielle Hutchens, 44, Topeka, on a Jackson County warrant.
• 8:51 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of East Sixth Street, Andrew Syens, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia, after being contacted on a call for service.
• 5:38 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Daren Jones, 23, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 11:58 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of North Baldwin Street, Richmond, Katrina Watts, 49, Richmond, reported a structure fire at her residence. Fire units responded and extinguished the fire. Unknown damage estimate or cause at this time.
• 10 a.m. Sunday, 2100 block of Ohio Road, a 56-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of about 50 bushels of soybeans from his field. Estimated loss was $500.
• 6:45 a.m. Friday, 1800 block of I-35, a 2015 Freightliner tractor-trailer driven by Mario Alvarez, 55, Valley Way, California, was near milepost 173 on I-35 when it struck a deer.
• 7:30 a.m. Friday, 3800 block of Colorado Road, a 2012 Ford driven by Kimberly Dixon, 56, Ottawa, was northbound on Colorado Road when a deer entered the roadway and collided with the vehicle.
• 9:39 a.m. Friday, 1400 block of K-68, a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old Pomona girl struck the back of a Jeep Cherokee driven by Lisa Barger, 56, Burlingame, when Barger stopped at a railroad crossing. No injuries were reported.
• 9:08 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of Vermont Road, a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt driven by Jennifer Fox, 42, Rantoul, was southbound on Vermont Road when it struck a deer that entered the roadway.
• 7:28 a.m. Saturday, 600 block of Labette Terrace, a 2006 Dodge Durango driven by a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was negotiating curves in the roadway about 1 a.m. that morning when he lost control of the vehicle and it overturned, striking a tree. There were no injuries and the boy was cited for failure to report an accident and no seatbelt.
• 6:35 p.m. Sunday, 1100 block of U.S. 59, Princeton, a 2008 Pontiac driven by Emilie Murphy, 18, Baldwin City, was southbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a raccoon that entered the roadway. Damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
• 1:31 a.m. Monday, 3600 block of I-35 at milepost 190, a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Darrell Age, 58, St. Louis, was southbound on I-35 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway.
Police Department News
• 8:01 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of South Elm Street, a 17-year-old Kansas City, Missouri, youth was reported as a runaway. The youth was later located.
• 3:26 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of South Main Street, a 2001 Hyundai passenger car driven by Sara Austin, 38, Ottawa, struck the back of a 2008 GMC truck driven by Joshua Wilfong, 29, Emporia. Austin was cited for following too closely and no proof of insurance. Wilfong was cited for expired registration.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Maple Street, medical call; 300 block of Douglas Street, assist other agency; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, assist fire department.
• Saturday: 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 2800 block of Tennessee Road, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 6:03 p.m. Wednesday, Olive Street, unintentional smoke detector activation.
• 12:35 p.m. Saturday, 1234 S. College St., authorized controlled burning.
• 1:02 p.m. Saturday, 1040 N. Milner, authorized controlled burning.
• 1:57 p.m. Saturday, 226 S. Main St., criminal complaint.
Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Wednesday through Sunday.