Ransom Memorial Hospital
• Sunday: Roy Huske Jr., Ottawa.
• Friday: Henry Hildebrandt, Ottawa; Sharon Reeder, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Joyce Harvey, Ottawa.
• Friday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 3 ounces, to Ciera Gardner, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 3:20 p.m. Saturday, 4000 block of Montana Road, responded to a report of a suspicious person dropped off at a vacant house in the 4000 block of Montana Road. Johnathon Whittaker, 37, Ottawa, was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and interference with law enforcement, after fleeing on foot and being located later by a Sheriff’s Office K9.
• 2:22 a.m. Sunday, 500 block of South Main Street, Ottawa, Alan Hiatt, 27, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and no proof of insurance, after being stopped for driving without headlights.
• 1:54 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., a 15-year-old Ottawa girl on suspicion of battery on a correctional officer, after kicking a staff member at the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:06 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of East Tecumseh Street, Kyle Salcepuedes, 20, Mission, on suspicion of no driver’s license and no insurance, after committing a traffic infraction.
• 4:40 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of East Logan Street, Brandon Reed, 25, Kansas City, Missouri, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 10:42 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of South Locust Street, Shane Decock, 28, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated domestic battery and criminal restraint, after a physical altercation with a known individual.
• 1:07 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of North Main Street, Alexis Hall, 25, Princeton, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting an open container and no insurance.
• 10:34 a.m. Sunday, 1500 block of South Osage Drive, Savannah McArdle, 25, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and child endangerment, after being contacted by officers.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 9:16 a.m. Sunday, 3700 block of Indiana Road, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown person damaged his mailbox overnight.
• 9:16 a.m. Sunday, 3800 block of Indiana Road, a 57-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown person damaged his mailbox overnight.
• 9:18 a.m. Sunday, 3700 block of Idaho Road, a 54-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown person damaged her mailbox overnight.
• 10:25 a.m. Sunday, 1500 block of Sand Creek Road, a 47-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown person damaged her mailbox overnight.
• 2:24 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of North East Avenue, Williamsburg, five children, ages 1 to 6, were taken into custody as children in need of care, after responding to a residence for a welfare check. The children were transported to the juvenile intake and assessment center for placement.
• 6:25 p.m. Sunday, 1700 block of Sand Creek Road, a 2016 Ford Escape driven by Elizabeth Barklow, 43, Pomona, was eastbound on Sand Creek Road when it struck a deer that entered the roadway.
• 9:33 p.m. Sunday, 2900 block of I-35 at milepost 185, a 2008 Pontiac G6, driven by Lexi Long, 20, Lawrence, was northbound on I-35 when she swerved to avoid debris in the roadway and lost control of her vehicle, striking a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis driven by Oscar Perez-Medina, 31, Kansas City, Kansas. No injuries reported.
Wellsville Police Department
• Saturday: Shawnee and Tennessee roads, assist other agency; 700 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 600 block of Pine Street, animal complaint.
• Sunday: 400 block of Main Street, animal complaint; I-35 at milepost 192, assist other agency; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.