Northwest Kansas Area Agency on Aging is offering free assistance with Health Insurance Marketplace applications. Certified Navigators will be on hand to provide information and answer questions for individuals and families traversing the online application and enrollment process, which includes comparing health insurance plans, reviewing eligibility for financial assistance, answering questions and preparing enrollment applications.
“The Open Enrollment Period is much shorter this year. Kansans need to select a plan and enroll by Dec. 15. Due to the large number of people needing to enroll within 45 days, we encourage Kansans to get it done early,” said Debbie Berndsen, Cover Kansas Navigator project director.
Many Kansans might be eligible for Advanced Premium Tax Credits through the marketplace. These credits help lower monthly insurance premiums. Some also might qualify for cost-sharing reductions, which automatically lowers the out-of-pocket costs associated with marketplace plans.
Individuals who plan to enroll for health insurance will need to provide the following basic information about their family and household including:
• Names, birth dates and Social Security numbers for everyone in the household.
• Projected household income for 2018.
• Tax information, such as filing status and number of dependents.
• Immigration documentation and supporting identification numbers.
• An email address to create an online marketplace account. Assistance can be provided for those who need to create one.
For more information, contact Tammy at (785) 628-8204 or (800) 432-7422. Open Enrollment in the health insurance marketplace ends Dec. 15.