The Hays USD 489 school board will discuss bids for a new copier lease during Monday night’s regular meeting.
The school district has 23 copiers among its buildings and two large productions machines in the copy center, according to the information included in the agenda packet for the meeting.
The lease agreement for a Xerox copier in the copy center and a lease with Tri-Central Office Supply for the building copiers end June 30. A lease for the Ricoh copier in the copy center ended last year. Both of the copy center machines have become unreliable and are out of service weekly, according to the district.
The request for proposals specified a five-year agreement for new machines with a 90 percent uptime rate on all copiers and four-hour response time. The cost per copy was to include the copy machine, service and supplies, excluding copy paper.
Of the four qualifying bids received, Sumner One was the low bid at $52,221. Tri-Central’s bid was second-lowest at $66,150.
The district’s current copiers cost $66,215 annually. The low bid would save the district almost $13,000.
Also on the agenda for Monday’s meeting:
• A continuation of the board’s discussions of long-range facilities planning.
• Reviews of property insurance, workers compensation and school fees for the 2018-19 school year. Fees are recommended to remain the same as last year, with the exception of a five-cent increase for school lunches.
• Renewing membership in the Kansas Association of School Boards.
• Approving a modified school calendar and reviewing the board’s meeting calendar for 2018-19. The board approved a school calendar March 12, but it lacked one teacher-student contact day. The calendar committee recommends changing Jan. 7 from a teacher contract day to a student contact day.
• Rescheduling a the June 18 board meeting to June 25.