BUYING A HOME
SELLING A HOME
Hays is located in the Heartland of America and has a small town feel with a modern and diverse economy. A community of 20,000 residents, an outstanding education systems, a state of the art medical center that serves western Kansas and a proud Volga-German hertiage.
PLANNING A MOVE
Ask A Professional
Buying and selling a home can be very stressful and difficult process. Questions arise and you may not have the answers. Professionals from around the area are here to help fill in the blanks.
Home Buyers Checklist
The Home Buyers checklist indentifies some fo the important factors to consider when choosing a home. In addition to an affordable sales price, you will also want to be sure that the neighborhood and house meet the neesd of your family.
Make Moving Easier
Request relocations information today. Sign up to receive The Hays Daily News FYI newcomers guide plus a community guide courtesy of The Hays Area Chamber of Commerce and special welcome offers from local businesses.
Tips for preparing your house to sell
These are tips that won't cost a lot but can make a big difference on the appearance of your home. It is amazing how just a little attention to the details will add that special appeal that the buyer is looking for!
Clean up the outside.
- Keep the grass cut and the area around the house tidy. This will help make a great first impression.
- Paint or wash the exterior of the house (including window casings, shutters, and doors).
- Wash the windows inside and out.
- Check the gutters and chimney.
Touch up the interior.
- Put a fresh coat of paint in the most used areas of the home. This will clean as well as brighten up the rooms.
- Wash the walls where paint is not appropriate (i.e. wall paper, paneling).
- Wash all floors and bathroom tiles.
- Shampoo dirty carpets.
- Get rid of clutter. Clean out your closets, garage, basement and attic. Use self storage if necessary.
- Replacing air filters will help keep the dust down.
- Replace bathroom and kitchen fixtures that are worn or leaking. People will notice a leaking or worn-out faucet. By replacing these items, you will give a new look to the room.
- Clean under the sinks. If there is any leaks fix them. Then clean up the damage using contact paper or paint.
- Get rid of any bad smells in your home.
- Pay attention to pet or cigarette odors.
- Place scented potpourri around the house.
- On the day you're expecting a potential buyer, pop a batch of frozen cinnamon rolls or home-made bread into the oven for a great aroma.