Registration opens for Kansas Jubilee e-commerce conference
Published on -10/1/2013, 3:10 PM
Special to the HDN
Registration is open for a unique conference on using the power of e-commerce in rural economic development -- the Kansas Jubilee eBay to Ecommerce Conference in Fort Hays State University on Oct. 25 and 26.
The annual conference features seminars and workshops focusing on e-commerce education, networking and community. Emphasis will be on international marketing, mobile marketing and social content strategies to start or expand a business on the Web.
Nationally known e-commerce experts and successful professional sellers who will be featured at the event include:
* Jim "Griff" Griffith, dean of eBay education and author of "The eBay Bible."
* Kat Simpson, author and an Amazon and eBay Stores expert and top seller.
* Danni Ackerman, author and an eBay, Amazon and Etsy top seller, who will speak on sourcing merchandise.
* Eric Scifries, founder and CEO of Page Mage, who will speak on social content marketing.
* Judy Oglesby, an eBay and Bonanza top seller, who will speak on taking business from brick and mortar to online sales and online customer service.
* Stephanie Inge, an eBay Certified Education Specialist, who will speak on "Social Marketing Magic for Online Sellers" and how to organize a Meetup group.
* Ginger Leishman, from the eBay mobile team.
* Mariahasnida Adam, Malaysia, who will address building business through social marketing.
PayPal account executives will also be on hand.
Registration is $59, inclusive, with discounts available for military personnel, educational institutions and organizations. FHSU students and faculty can attend at no charge, but must be registered.
For other details and to register, go to kansasjubilee.net. Registration ends Oct. 23.