Clubs and Meetings
Published on -10/19/2013, 2:14 PM
* Options Northwest Kansas Domestic and Sexual Violence Services support groups in Hays are for people in or who have been in abusive relationships. Call for time and location, (785) 625-3055 or (800) 794-4624.
* Need help with addiction? Call (800) 556-8885.
* Meal Site reservations for seniors age 60 or older must be made the day before eating at the Meal Site. For reservations or cancellations, call (785) 628-6644 between 9 a.m. and noon.
* Hays Rotary Club, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering heritage room. Speaker: Jerry Moran.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 416, Hays, weigh-ins, 11:30 a.m. to noon, Via Christi Village basement. Attendees should use the assisted living facility's front entrance, 2225 Canterbury. Call (785) 656-2570 for more information. Everyone is welcome.
* Weight Watchers meeting, 6:30 p.m., Frontier meeting room, 203 W. 41st. Weigh-ins, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* High Plains Zen Skype discussion group meeting, 6 p.m. For information, contact Liz Lawlor at (785) 798-3703 or email email@example.com.
* Hays Lions Club meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering, 230 E. Eighth.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 818 meeting, 6 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement, 2703 Fort.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, 8 p.m., 410 Oak.
* Male support group, for men who have experienced or are experiencing domestic or sexual violence. The group meets from noon to 1 p.m. For more information, contact the Options: Domestic and Sexual Violence Services office. (785) 625-3055.
* Support group for all victims of domestic and sexual violence, 5:30 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 2703 Fort.
* Hays Recreation Commission board meeting, noon at Hays Recreation Center, 1105 Canterbury.
* Hays Optimist Club meeting, noon, Golden Corral, 383 Mopar Drive.
* Kiwanis Club of Hays meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. For more, visit www.hayskiwanis.org.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, noon, 410 Oak.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 8 p.m., 410 Oak. Phone: (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Solid Sound Ladies barbershop quartet practice, 6:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2700 Fort.
* New Beginnings open-door Alanon meeting, 7:30 p.m., St. Michael Episcopal, 2900 Canal Boulevard
* Hays High Plains barbershop chorus and quartets meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement.
* Sunrise Rotary Club of Hays meeting, 7 a.m., Victor E. Tiger Lounge, Gross Memorial Coliseum at Fort Hays State University.
* Prairie Garden Club will meet, 1:30 p.m. at 200 E. 16th, Hays. Hostess: Ramona Herman; Co-hostess: Kathy Hempler. Leader: Marlene Wasinger will present the program on Preserving Nature's Bounty. For questions, contact Linda at (785) 656-1902.
* Hays Chapter No. 228, Order of the Eastern Star, will meet 7:30 p.m. at the Masonic Temple. Officers should wear formal dress. All members are urged to attend.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 10 p.m., 410 Oak. For more information, call (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.