Hays businesses ready for Spring Gallery Walk
Published on -4/24/2012, 3:27 PM
By The Hays Daily News
The Hays Arts Council Spring Gallery Walk will be Friday at various locations throughout Hays.
The following exhibits will be open from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday. Saturday viewing times, where available, are noted.
* 43rd annual Smoky Hill Art Exhibition, Hays Arts Center, 112 E. 11th. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Paintings by Ralph Fontenot, Manhattan, Emprise Bank, 1200 Main
* "Art Experience: A Collaboration Between USD 489 Special Education Students and FHSU Studio Art Majors" and participatory sidewalk chalk drawing from Leadership Hays Class 2012, Hays Public Library, 1205 Main. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Steel and acrylic paintings by Amy Normandin and live music (acoustic rock) by Scott Allan Knost, Wichita, Singers, 114 E. 12th.
* Prairie Garden Club youth environmental posters and "It's Your Turn to Make a Difference" CASA kids pinwheel exhibition, Tri-Central Office Supply, 1101 Main (windows & south side). Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Photography by Melissa Bartlet, Mendi Egging, Adrienne Hays and Miquolet Meska, Nex-Tech Internet Solutions, 210 E. 12th
* Exhibition by Mark and Bambi Freeman, Gella's Diner, 117 E. 11th.
* Knight Family Mural, Dennis Schiel Studio and Gallery, 107 E. 11th.
* Mixed media by John C. Thorns Jr. and photography by Jim Tanis, Madd Matter Frame Shop and Gallery, 112 E. 11th. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* "OPP" FHSU graduate student exhibition; "Arts & Issues" American Democracy Project; and live music by Brad Dawson and Luke Johnson, Cafe Semolino, 110 W. 11th. Saturday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* "Domestic Fruition" by Katrina Florell and Shawna Wangseng, and photography and paintings by Bruce Burkholder, Hays Arts Center Annex, 1010 Main. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Photography "Waves" of Light by Meredith Keller; Shane Knight fine art photography; Cynthia Pfeifer: 2D into 3D Photos inside Crystal, Crystal Memories 3D Portrait Shop, 1008 Main. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* "Doortraiture" multi-artist installation under direction of Gordon Sherman and Joel Dugan, and "Birds with Wings" sculpture by Stacey Rathert, HAC Alley Exhibition, Main between 10th and 11th. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* "Tamed by Touch" FHSU advanced ceramics exhibition and live music by Mike Ferguson and FHSU musicians, Salon 1007, 1007 Main. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* "The Hardie Hole and Other Sculptural Experiences" by Jillian Thompson, Union Pacific Park.
* Landscape paintings by Tom Mersmann, Lawrence, Pioneer Photography, 115 W. 10th.
* "Worldly Impressions," Dv8, 809 Main.
* Western Plains Animal Refuge Benefit Art Show, White Chocolate, 810 Main.
* Works by local and regional artists, Kris Kuksi Fine Art, 807 Main.
* "Fantasy" Sean McLaren Memorial Tribute; paintings by Kaylene Mosier Geist; and FHSU student ceramics exhibition, Northglen Antiques, 801 Main. Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* FHSU student digital photography exhibition, Commerce Bank, 718 Main.
* Recent Works: Members and Students, Artists @ Work Studio, 717 Main.
* Exhibition by Ron Michael, Lindsborg, Moss-Thorns Gallery, FHSU Rarick Hall. Saturday: 10 a.m. to noon.
Courtesy of the Hays Convention and Visitors Bureau, the CVB Trolley will shuttle guests between Union Pacific Park and Moss-Thorns Gallery from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The following exhibits are open early.
* Exhibition by Ellen Dreyer, 2 to 4 p.m., Bank of Hays, 27th and Hall. Saturday: 9 a.m. to noon.
* Kiwanis High School Art Exhibition, TMP-Marian and Hays High schools, 6 to 9 p.m., First National Bank, 11th and Fort.
* "Plains Fascination: Artifacts of Rural Decay," Bryan Gilligan MFA exhibition, 6 to 9 p.m., Robbins Center, One Tiger Place, FHSU.