WICHITA, Kan. (AP) -- Wichita police say two toddlers are in protective custody after one of the children drank a small amount of bleach at a squalid home.
Lt. Doug Nolte told The Wichita Eagle (http://bit.ly/11UeLbE ) that emergency responders were called to the home Monday evening after a 2-year-old girl drank bleach from a cup that was next to a cup of water. Nolte says the child suffered no serious injury from the bleach.
The responders called police after finding human feces, trash, a bug infestation and no running water in the house. The 2-year-old girl and her 1-year-old brother were taken into protective custody.
Nolte says seven adults live at the residence, but it was unclear if the parents of the children are among that group.