HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) -- An employee of a Hutchinson business died after he was hit in the head by a steel gas cylinder while at work.
Hutchinson police say they were called to Hutchinson Airgas Tuesday afternoon. Police Detective Cory Ogburn says a valve on an oxygen cylinder malfunctioned, making the nearly 2-foot bottle spin "like a helicopter blade."
Another employee suffered a minor injury to his lower leg.
The company offered condolences in a statement Wednesday but declined to release the employee's name.
The Hutchinson News reports (http://bit.ly/17bP6xN ) the business was closed Wednesday while the accident is investigated.