Stop, Shop and Grow campaign kicks off
The Hays Area Chamber of Commerce mission is simple: We work "for the business prosperity of Hays and its neighbors."
By combining efforts, both the chamber and member businesses can experience greater prosperity (in other words, success), which is the heart of our current campaign "Stop, Shop and Grow Your Hays Area Chamber of Commerce."
Current chamber members are already armed with an important promotional tool -- a bright green decal dated for 2013 promoting membership. With this new campaign, we hope people will:
* Stop spending their dollars in far-away communities or via online merchants.
* Shop in businesses proudly displaying 2013 chamber membership decals.
* Grow the local economy by supporting the businesses that support this community.
The campaign evolved from research and discussion of a shop local opportunity. This campaign encourages potential customers to support businesses and offices where a 2013 membership decal is displayed. We also hope to gain more community awareness, shopping and support so our chamber members can be more successful.
This campaign will include a multimedia effort throughout the year and is intended to be a value-added benefit for our entire chamber membership, regardless of size or industry.
Here are ways you or your business can maximize the benefits of the Stop, Shop and Grow campaign:
* If your business isn't already, become a chamber member.
* Proudly display your 2013 membership decal on your building or office's front door or window.
* Support those businesses who are members, by either looking for the decal or confirming membership via our online business directory at www.discoverhays.com.
* Promote your business' membership by including a "watermark" of our 2013 membership decal on print advertising, stationary, business cards, etc. Simply contact our office for a digital logo.
* Mention how you are "a proud member of the Hays Area Chamber of Commerce" in your electronic media advertising.
* Share the benefits of chamber membership to businesses you frequent who currently aren't members.
Remember, dues-paying chamber members strengthen the infrastructure that makes our entire business community more prosperous.
Please support these businesses who invest in your chamber, as well as your community.
Tammy Wellbrock is executive director of the Hays Area Chamber of Commerce.