Clubs and meetings
* Options Northwest Kansas Domestic and Sexual Violence Services support groups in Hays are for people in or who have been in abusive relationships. Call for time and location, (785) 625-3055 or (800) 794-4624.
* Need help with addiction? Call (800) 556-8885.
* Meal Site reservations for seniors age 60 or older must be made the day before eating at the Meal Site. For reservations or cancellations, call (785) 628-6644 between 9 a.m. and noon.
* Hays Rotary Club, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room. Speaker: Jeff Boyle with the city of Hays parks department will do a 20-minute presentation on water issues, the dog park project and the Vineyard Park Nature Trail.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 416, Hays, weigh-ins, 11:30 a.m. to noon. Meeting, noon, Via Christi Village basement. Attendees should use the assisted-living facility's front entrance, 2225 Canterbury. Call (785) 656-2570 for more information. Everyone is welcome.
* Weight Watchers meeting, 6:30 p.m., Frontier meeting room, 203 W. 41st. Weigh-ins, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Northwest Kansas Stroke and Neuro Support Group meeting, 7 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 2900 Hall.
* Hays Lions Club meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering, 230 E. Eighth.
* TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) No. 818 meeting, 6 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement, 2703 Fort.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, 8 p.m., 410 Oak.
* PEO Chapter BQ social, noon, Smoky Hill Country Club. No business meeting. RSVP's appreciated to Karen Coen, (785) 650-3599.
* PEO Chapter EC meeting, 7 p.m, home of Yeyette Houfek. Check your fabric stash for material suitable for an apron and bring it along. We will work on cutting, pinning and sewing aprons for Reciprocity. Everyone can help. This is a social meeting.
* P.E.O. Chapter GS of Hays "End of Summer Social," 6:30 p.m., Gutierrez Mexican Restaurant.
* Ellis County Herb Study Group, 6 to 8 p.m., Hays Public Library.
* Prayer hour, 7 p.m., St. Michael Episcopal Church, 29th and Canal.
* Hays Chapter of AARP, 11:30 a.m. lunch, noon business meeting, 12:20 p.m. program, Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. Program: Paul Phillips, retired professor of geography from Fort Hays State University, will show slides and talk about his trip to the Peruvian mountains.
* Hays Optimist Club meeting, noon, Golden Corral, 383 Mopar Drive.
* Kiwanis Club of Hays meeting, noon, Pam's Bakery Shop and Catering Heritage Room, 230 E. Eighth. For more, visit www.hayskiwanis.org.
* Open-door Alanon family meeting, noon, 410 Oak.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 8 p.m., 410 Oak. Phone: (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Solid Sound Ladies barbershop quartet practice, 6:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2700 Fort.
* New Beginnings open-door Alanon meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 2703 Fort.
* Hays High Plains barbershop chorus and quartets meeting, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church basement.
* Sunrise Rotary Club of Hays meeting, 7 a.m., Victor E. Tiger Lounge, Gross Memorial Coliseum at Fort Hays State University.
* Hays American Legion Auxiliary Unit No. 173 meeting, 6:30 p.m. potluck followed by program and business meeting, DSNWK administrative offices, 2703 Hall, Ste. 10. Members should bring a side dish or dessert. Program: Report from 2013 Girls State attendees.
* Ladies Auxiliary VFW No. 9076 meeting, 6:30 p.m., Post Home, 2106 Vine. Send 2013-14 dues to Debbie Stegman, 1106 Drum, Hays, KS 67601.
* Parkinson support group, noon, Messiah Lutheran Church, 20th and Main.
* Narcotics Anonymous, 10 p.m., 410 Oak. For more information, call (785) 625-9860, Josh at (785) 625-0991 or Mary at (785) 432-2428.
* Mothers of Preschoolers, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Messiah Lutheran Church, 2000 Main. Cost $5 per meeting and $20 annual due to MOPS International.