Ellis Co. to recognize Klaus, consider CUP
Ellis County commissioners will meet at 6:45 p.m. Monday at the Ellis County Courthouse.
Agenda items include:
* Recognition of Dick Klaus as Fire Chief of the Year. Klaus recently was selected for the honor by his peers at a meeting of state fire chiefs.
* Canvass of Tuesday's election results.
* Financial consultant interviews with Stifel Nicolaus & Co. and Ranson Financial.
* Consideration of a conditional-use permit for a meteorological tower by Invenergy Wind Energy, LLC.
* Petition to vacate a portion of 230th Avenue between Grants Villa and Norfolk roads.
* A proposal by the Ellis Industrial Development Group for use of the old public works shop building in Ellis.
* Memorandum of understanding for EMS with Barton County Community College.
* Classification of GIS Technician/Analyst position.
* 2011 year-end transfers to reserves.
* Consideration of setting special meeting to confer with department heads on EMS/rural fire building project.
* Information regarding the governor's property tax transparency proposal.