Egg hunts not hard to find
By The Hays Daily News
For children with an itch to find colored eggs, several local organizations and businesses are planning Easter egg hunts.
* 9 a.m. 39th annual Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt, Fort Hays State University
* 9:30 a.m. Easter Egg Hunt, Sterling House, 1801 E. 27th St., Hays
* 10 a.m. Easter Egg Scramble, The Mall, Hays; Prizes from Mall stores
* 10 a.m. More than 5,000 eggs hidden along the Howard Reynolds Nature Trails, FHSU's Sternberg Museum of Natural History, 3000 Sternberg Drive, Hays; $3 per person -- no charge for museum members. Following the hunt will be the Rowdy Reptile Carnival inside the museum from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* 10:30 a.m. True Easter story followed by an Easter egg hunt, CrossPoint, Hays, 1300 Harvest Road, Hays
* 11:30 a.m. Ellis Chamber of Commerce Easter Egg Hunt, Memorial Park, 9th and Washington St., Ellis. Following the hunt, join the Ellis Recreation Commission for their annual Easter Egg Decorating Contest at 1 p.m. with judging at 1:20 p.m.
* 1 p.m. Easter egg hunt, starting from the parking lot between St. Fidelis Church and the Victoria Grade School, Victoria
* 10:30 a.m. Easter egg hunt and visit from Easter bunny, Ellis Golf Club, 1301 Spruce, Ellis. Following the hunt, brunch will be offered from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Rescheduled from March 23 due to inclement weather, Carrico Implement, 300 W. 48th St., Hays, Easter egg hunt will be April 6 at 10 a.m. The Easter bunny will be there for photos.