OAKLEY — The Thomas More Prep-Marian football team was stopped in the red zone early in Saturday’s game against Oakley.

After that, the Plainsmen struggled with controlling the TMP offense as the Monarchs won their second game of the season, 46-0.

The game was moved to 11 a.m. Saturday after the forecast for severe storms threatened the game Friday, which originally was scheduled to be played in Hays. Due to Fort Hays State University's homecoming game being scheduled for Saturday night, the game was moved to Oakley.

The victory snapped a three-game slide for the Monarchs, which improved to 2-4 before beginning district play against powerful Phillipsburg on Friday on the road.

Senior Gavin Schumacher broke open the game at the 7:36 mark of the first quarter with a 1-yard touchdown run, giving the Monarchs a 7-0 advantage.

Then early in the second quarter, senior Luke Ruder — who had a long TD run called back because of a TMP penalty — picked up a blocked punt and raced 27 yards for the score. The PAT kick failed, giving the Monarchs a 13-0 lead.

Senior quarterback David McFarland got his first passing TD of the game with 5:19 to play before halftime, finding senior Creighton Renz open for a 9-yard score. The failed PAT made it 19-0.

After the Monarchs got the ball back just before halftime, McFarland worked the two-minute drill perfectly. When he connected with senior Tate Garcia for a 6-yard TD with only 20 seconds to play in the half, the Monarchs led 26-0.

Renz got his second receiving TD in the third quarter on an 8-yard pass from McFarland — increasing the lead to 33-0.

Schumacher tacked on his second TD run in the quarter as well, tip-toeing along the left sideline for a 14-yard gain to give TMP a 40-0 advantage.

The Monarchs recovered an Oakley (1-5) fumble in the endzone right before the end of the third quarter, setting the score at 46-0.

The fourth quarter featured a running clock as the Monarchs were able to get some players from their bench into the game.