Purchase photos

Don't forget your ID


Q: How early can I vote in advance of the election? -- From a note.

Q: How early can I vote in advance of the election? -- From a note.

A: Advance voting in Ellis County will begin Oct. 22.

Advanced ballots are available at the Ellis County clerk's office on the second floor of the Ellis County Courthouse, 1204 Fort.

Remember, beginning this year, Kansas voters need to show a photo identification before receiving a ballot.

Same goes if you are requesting a ballot by mail -- the application requires either are driver's license number or a copy of a photo ID.

Valid photo identification documents are:

* Driver's license or ID card issued by Kansas or another state.

* U.S. passport.

* Student ID card issued by an accredited post-secondary education institution in Kansas.

* U.S. military ID.

* Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office.

* Concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or by another state.

* Public assistance identification card issued by a government office.

Voter registration closes Tuesday.

Eric Norris is the director at the Hays Public Library. "Ask Eric" questions can be mailed to 1205 Main, Hays, KS, 67601, submitted through www.hayspublib.org at the "Ask Eric" link or emailed to enorris@hayspublib.org.