Other action taken by Ellis County commissioners
In other business, commissioners:
* Approved a 2.5 percent pay increase for county employees effective Jan. 1.
* Authorized signatures on right of way, environmental and utility reports to the Kansas Department of Transportation for a safety improvement project on Old U.S. Highway 40.
* Received a report from Public Works Director Mike Graf about disposing of trees at the landfill. Due to drought conditions, diseased trees cannot be burned, leading to a high number of trees that must be buried.
* Approved publication of the 2013 budget and set a budget hearing for 6:45 p.m. Aug. 20.
* Agreed an increase in mileage and meal reimbursement for county employees would take effect Sept. 1.
* DAWNE LEIKER, HDN