Road decision on county agenda
By DAWNE LEIKER
As they move forward on county road projects, Ellis County Commissioners will consider approving an agreement for design and construction engineering services during their regular meeting Tuesday at 6:45 p.m. at the Ellis County Courthouse.
A proposal from BG Consultants, Manhattan, sets its maximum fee at $39,565 for a four phases of service, including: project selection, assisting the county in developing a funding strategy, project development and construction engineering.
The county's 2013 budget includes $600,000 for road and bridge projects.
Other agenda items include:
* 2012 budget amendment
* Care Council funding recommendations
* Discussion regarding purchase of a pneumatic roller, which currently is leased by the Public Works Department. Cost of the roller, less an allowance for the amount paid on the lease is $61,094.
* Selection of an engineering firm to perform construction engineering services for a road safety project
* 2012 capital purchases for public works department
* Consideration of advertising for a bond consulting firm to work with county on anticipated road improvement projects
* Sheriff Ed Harbin will address commissioners regarding leasing a spot on the Springhill radio tower for amateur radio antenna and related equipment.
* 55th Street radio tower project
* Proposal from Adjusters International for disaster mitigation, response and recovery services