County will discuss Ellis shop
By DAWNE LEIKER
By DAWNE LEIKER
The future of the old public works shop in Ellis will be a topic for discussion as Ellis County Commissioners meet in regular session Monday night at 6:45 p.m. at the Ellis County Courthouse.
According to a meeting memo written by County Administrator Greg Sund, several entities have shown interest in purchasing the property. Sund is seeking authorization from commissioners to meet with County Counsel Bill Jeter to develop a process for selling the property.
"The dilemma I see with this property is that it appears the city of Ellis is not interested in the property, but the people of Ellis do not want us to tear the building down," Sund's memo said. "Because of this situation, I believe we need to be sensitive to community wishes in the process of disposing of the property."
His recommendation, Sund said, will be to advertise for proposals in relation to the property.
Other agenda items include:
* 2011 Audit report from Adams, Brown, Beran and Ball.
* Overview of local consult meeting with Kansas Department of Transportation.
* Consideration of Ellis County's comprehensive plan that was recommended for approval by the Ellis County Joint Planning Commission at its Wednesday meeting.
* Discussion of health insurance options involving high-deductible plans.
* Creation of a new classification for the position of assistant deputy county clerk/payroll accounting clerk.
* GIS position classification discussion.
* Update on proposals received for financial consultant for county bond issue.