Regional briefs (Nov. 18, 2012)
Comprehensive plan on county agenda
Ellis County Commissioners will consider adopting the county's comprehensive plan when they meet at 6:45 p.m. Monday at the Ellis County Courthouse.
The comprehensive plan was approved by the Ellis County Joint Planning Commission in September. County commissioners requested the opportunity to review RDG Planning & Design's recommendations for zoning regulations prior to their approval of the plan.
Other agenda items include:
* A monthly report from the Ellis County Extension Office.
* A financial consultant interview with Piper Jaffray representative Dustin J. Avery.
* A status report on bridge reconstruction.
* Matrix for prioritization of road and bridge projects.
* Notification of the retirement of Noxious Weed Director George Korobka.
* A public works shop exhaust system report.
* A resolution for final approval for a conditional-use permit for a meteorological tower for Buckeye Wind Energy LLC.
* An annual budget subsidy discussion.
* A request from Commissioner Glenn Diehl to receive his final pay in December.
Victoria council meeting Monday
VICTORIA -- The Victoria City Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
Business items to be discussed include:
* Comments from Richard Gaito of Nex-Tech Wireless.
* Department head reports from the city superintendent, fire department and police department.
* Under old business, discussion of utility rates and health facility compensation.
* Under new business, American Fidelity update, insurance proceeds ordinance and employee Christmas gifts.
City begins search for Wasinger's replacement
The Hays City Commission is accepting applications to fill the term for Commissioner Barbara Wasinger.
The term for Wasinger, who was elected to the Ellis County Commission earlier this month, expires in April.
An application form is available on the city's website, www.haysusa.com, and in the city manager's office. Applications will be accepted until noon Dec. 10.